Edward the Conjurer
From The Hub
Edward James Dumas - or more popularly Edward the Conjurer, is counted as Azrai and is a reformist within the Fated faction. A wizard gifted with exceptional talent who descends from a old bloodline known for achievement in arcane arts, He is known as much for his biting wit as his capacity to bend accepted rules that govern all practicing magicians. Edward's appearance alongside his Mentor Fel in Ranais revealed that in addition to his role as Chronomancer, Edward had served, or rather would serve in the future, as the Keeper of Secrets.
Edward's fate in the present day remains in question however. Despite his grandiose claims regarding the manipulation of time & fate, The fact remains that, after a trip back into the past, the Azrai returned to a present day to find a different present. A present in which no Edward the Conjurer exists.
|Edward the Conjurer|
|Profession:||Keeper of Secrets|
History with the Azrai
Edward met the Azrai in a bar. The rest is history. Well, ok, it was a dive bar.
- Most notably, Edward no longer exists due to some combination of the TimeReaver ritual and an Azrai trip into the past resulting in one of his ancestors being slain.
- Believed to be the sole individual in this cycle capable of Chronomancy.
- Following his kidnapping by Tosherak in the Chapel Perilous, Edward was MIA for (X AMOUNT OF TIME) before being re-discovered by the Azrai in Ranais.
- In Ranais, in Fel's dream of Oranor, Edward was found by the Azrai serving as the Keeper of Secrets. The tattoo on his arm (presumably from Fel) was new, as was the familiar at his side.
- Has an uncanny closeness with the magic he uses, to the point of sometimes casting spells powered by will alone as opposed to rote memorization.
- Currently the leader in the Azrai deathwish rankings, beating out even Gaibe, because on top of three (3) in-game character deaths, no other else has managed to completely obliterate nearly every trace of their entire existence.
- Was stuck at 16th level for at least five years of real-time. Has since leveled past that. FINALLY.
- May be Mutually Exclusive to the existence of trains
Edward comes from an influential wealthy family known to patronize the arts, though he has long been something of a black sheep among his kin. There's a great story about birth order and destiny and such within the St. Dumas family that has come to light since Ed disappeared, which would ironically probably back up a lot of his conceited attitude toward, um, everyone.
- Ed is a graduate and member of the CoAA school in Sigil, where he teaches theory, as the St. Dumas family has done at the institution for many generations.
- Also please note that while still in his student years at the institution, Ed may have set a record for number of appearances in front of the Magister of Student Discipline.
- A great lover - and critic - of art, he has studied with Fel since shortly after the two first met.
- A regular attendee of the outrageous Sensate bashes, Ed likes to have a good time - and he enjoys the drink as well. Concerning some of Ed's more storied antics while inebriated, just imagine him wearing a 'college' sweatshirt & you're on the right track.
- Bladestar - Edward's reluctant familiar.
- Fel - Edward's mentor in tattoo art, who was similarly trapped in Oranor
- The Azrai - duh.
- Crank - Edward's mentor in Chronomancy.
- The St. Dumas Family is Edward's flesh & blood.
- Vox Populi is a political group within the Fated that Edward belongs to.
- Torsherak once kidnapped Edward, who later reappeared in the company of Crank.
- Helios has clashed with Edward on many occasions.
- The now-deceased Factol Valiant beat Edward in several high-profile drinking contests (never drink with a Celestial, they're immune to the drink) and also broke up a number of Edward's dice games with the ragpickers & collectors outside the Mortuary.
- As the prevailing theory holds that Darkwood may be responsible for Edward's disappearance from the primary timeline, the possibility exists that Ed may in fact have a bone to pick with him. Possibly even two bones.
- Ed's known to have kept the company of no small number of affluent female ladies' ward socialites, especially before getting involved with the Azrai.
Edward is known to have disappeared, having thrust himself backwards in the timestream and then seemingly failing to prevent a Bootstrap paradox, with very terminal consequences for his ever having existed in the first place. Sometimes the bear gets you.
More recently, Edward has joined the Azrai in their journeys through the Four Doors, though his existence in the present day is still totally suspect.