From The Hub
|| Tanar'ri (Cambion)
|| Foiler of plans
Cut your strings, Azrai. I won't ask again.
History with the Azrai
- Met the earliest iteration of the Azrai on Faerun, disguised as Elminster's scribe Lhaeo. Set them on a course to Sigil to track down Eliath.
- Clashed with the Azrai often during their first few years in Sigil, then disappeared.
- Known to have been heavily involved with the EBP during that time, largely in a "beating up the Azrai" capacity.
- The Azrai believe during this time that the knave was acting as Tolumvire's hatchetman.
- Served as Ren's sponsor during Ren's time in the Illuminated. Ironically, he was later prevented from killing Ren only by the timely arrival of the Azrai.
- Revealed to have saved Gaibriel's life by preventing Gaibe's death at Ren's hands sometime in mid-32 HR. This incident would lead to Ren's leaving the faction and estrangement from his former sponsor.
- Stole the Sorrow Sword from the Azrai at the Bloodpit (after tricking the Azrai into retrieving it for him) in 627 HR and is believed be the sword's intended wielder this cycle. Tolumvire was the sword's wielder in the last cycle.
- Advised the Azrai many times to "cut their strings". It is believed he was referring to the Azrai getting away from people who would trick and manipulate them, which was ironic, since few people have shown the talent for manipulating and tricking the Azrai displayed by the Shadowknave.
- The Shadowknave has not been seen or heard from in some time.